Attitude and Articulation Control Subsystem (AACS)
Provide Pointing Control of The Spacecraft during All Mission Phases,
both Nominal and Off Nominal, and Attitude Knowledge of the Spacecraft Orientation
Relative to Fixed Reference Frames. Also provides for articulation of the
Solar Arrays and the High Gain Antenna.
- 3-Axis Stabilized
- Celestial Sensor, Horizon Sensor, 4-pi Sun Sensors, and Inertial Measurement
Unit Used in Various Combinations to Determine Attitude in Desired Reference
- Fine Pointing Control Using Reaction Wheels
- Thrusters Used for Large Torque Capability, Reaction Wheel Momentum
Unloading, Orbit Maintenance, Backup Attitude Control and Safe Mode
- Autonomous Periapsis Raise Maneuver Implemented in Safe Mode for Aerobraking
- Extensive Reuse of MO Hardware and Algorithms
Click here for info on:
Flight Software Subsystem
or use the back arrow on your WWW browser!